Friday, September 19, 2008

A Favorite Book

One of my favorite books that I ever read was A Long Way Gone; it's about a boy named Ishmael who was living a normal life until a war struck his town in Sierra Leone and how he loses his family and is forced into war, killing and robbing people. Then some people come pick him up and put him in a place similar to a group home or Juvenile Detention Center. He sees his enemy and they fight them and some other interesting stuff. This is my favorite because it is just how my life story is. I was born and raised in a neighborhood that was peaceful for young kids but when I grew up because I was from that neighborhood and they were all my friends I was forced into war (in street terms, beef) and since we didn't have a lot of money I was forced to steal and rob until I got caught by the police and put into a Juvenile Detention Center where I see people I beef with so I fight them.

No comments: