Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trouble Just Follows

It was a Friday morning I woke up and my grandmother told me that I had court for my trespassing charge in Pentagon City Mall. I was kind of scared because I live in Maryland and everybody knows that Virginia doesn’t play. I was hesitating on whether I should go or not thinking about my plans for the weekend; I decided not to. It was basically like I put my fun time in front of my priorities which could have been the dumbest thing I had ever done. My judge was Judge Wiggins; I had already heard so much about her before even meeting her. I pictured her being like Judge Judy. I would later find out nope not even close. My judge was more lenient and fair then Judge Judy and the way people described Wiggins they siced it. I didn’t let my worries get the best of me. I partied hard that weekend just thinking about what might go down that following Monday when I turn myself in. April 20 I went to court and my judge ordered a Detention Hearing for failure to appear in court. She ordered that I be detained until May 6, which was my next court date. I had then realized she had just given me 15 days for failure to appear; boy was I blown. I had no one to be mad at but myself because I made that decision not to go so I had to suffer the consequences. I have court on May 18 and May 20 for petty and grand larceny. I have never been on probation, done any community service, taken any classes, house arrest, or nothing, so maybe she’ll let me off with any of the above. I wouldn’t mind doing any of those. As long as I don’t have to be in here, I’m good because I can’t stand this place. I learned that (North Virginia Juvenile Detention Home) is not the place to be. It’s not BAD but it’s not GOOD either. I love my freedom and never will I do anything to jeopardize that again. I’ve learned my lesson is what most people say but I’m not most people. I want to do something with my life and actually be someone kids younger than me can look up to. I’ve had enough and am ready to close this chapter in my life and start out fresh. I’m done with the past: out with the old and in with the new.

2 comments:

Cheryl Duckworth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Duckworth said...

I like your story. it's kind of heart touching and it's cool.