Friday, January 23, 2009

Personal Reflection

I sure am tired of getting incarcerated. This is my last chance to do the right thing in the community. When I got to court on Feb. 4, the judge is either going to let me go home or put me in the New Beginnings program. I really don't want to go upstairs (New Beginnings). The judge has given me so many chances that I am starting to think that I can't stay out of trouble. I'm so tired of making my mother cry. Honestly, I don't think that she was a bad mother, but I'm starting to think I'm a bad son. I get a personal phone call today and I will finally get a chance to talk to my probation officer. I saw my social worker and she said that he told her I have a 50/50 chance of going home. I really hope I get to go home and show everyone especially my mom how good I can do. I don't know what to say to my probation officer because every time I get locked up I talk about how I'm going to turn over a new leaf and then a month later, here I am in Ms. Duckworth's class. I can't stand waiting even one more minute to talk to my probation officer to hear his recommendation for court. I really hope he will give me another chance at freedom. Plus, when I get out of JDC [Juvenile Detention Center] I don't even think I will be allowed to go back to my school and see all my friends. I have to go talk to Dr. Jointer (the superintendent of Alexandria City Public Schools). I'm supposed to talk to him and Feb 9. I really want to go home. In September I will be on my way to Virginia Beach to get my G.E.D. My social worker said that as long as I don't have any outstanding felonies I will be accepted to the program. It's on a military base so I think I have to cut my hair. I really don't want to cut my hair.

No comments: