Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Zimbabwe

Today what I'm thinking about is people who are less fortunate than me. I read an article [teacher's note: this was from The Economist] about how the president of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, is getting millions of dollars but he is refusing to feed the people in his country or even purify the water. The United Nations asked for him to step down but he refuses. He says he got everything under control. This teaches you how people are selfish, don't care about nobody except their own self. But I complain about the food not being too much or it being too less. I never thought about how people are starving and how the homeless people in my neighborhood feel when they see me eating and they ask me for some money and I say no. So right now I'm comparing myself to the president of Zimbabwe. I used to be selfish, just thinking of myself.

No comments: